Tuesday, September 18, 2007

HORROR OR TERROR?


If any of you is thinking to watch this movie, my advice would be - DON'T! - unless if u want to be a vegetarian for the next two weeks.

Dah tu, apehal aku pulak boleh tengok tertengok citer nih?
I thot this is the sequel of one movie i've watched somewhere in 2003/2004 - DEAD END - which I've been searching hi & low for the dvd / vcd to add to my collection dari Speedy sampai le ke pirated cd store. Tapi takde.

That's why, when I saw this DVD cover, my eyes straight away focussed at the 'DEAD END' title walaupun terang2 perkataan 'WRONG TURN 2' tu lagi besar.

So this idiot bought the DVD.
Excited la jugak before tengok tu..but..the first few minutes is enough to tell you what's the rest of the movie is going to be like.

The movie is about 6 people who are competing in Survivor-like reality tv show. In the woods where they are supposed to survive (sometimes look like belukar belakang rumah jek) resides a cannibal family and as expected, hunted, tortured & butchered them and the rest of TV crews. Akibatnye, most of them end up in the cannibal cooking pot except for the two main characters.

Pencinta kedamaian & insan penyayang mcm aku (cewah!) tak akan boleh terima & tak tahan nak tengok cerita-cerita macam nih. I don't mind watching blood and violent as in most of action movies. I do love horror/thriller film but not the gory kind which involved brutal torture, flesh ripping and exaggerate cannibalism.

YUCKS!

The next morning, during sahur i don't dare to touch and even look at the ayam panggang for fear that I will muntah there and then on my plate.

That's why i don't really like to watch Hollywood horror films. Most of them suck! Mengarut entah ape2 aje. I'd rather watch Korean/Japan/Thai ones. They seem a bit realistic and ade la jalan cerita sikit. Even though there are violent or gruesome element in it, for me it's still tolerable and doesn't seem exaggerated. No wonder the Hollywood producer is so into remaking Korean & Japanese movies.

I watched one Thai horror film called 'Long Khong' couple of years ago, it kinda ngeri and until today I still can't look at kerang without thinking about one of the scene in the movie where the villain cooked the victim and served 'the dish' to her guests who are the poor victim's friends. The victim's eyelid inside the soup look really similar to isi kerang. So each time I makan kerang, my mind will automatically zoomed back to that scene, and i'll feel as if i'm eating someone's eyes.

Another film, '999-9999' which is also from Thai is about a mysterious phone number, yang kononnye boleh fulfil one wish of its caller. However, the caller will die tragically once his or her wish has been granted. So nak dijadikan jalan cerita, main characters dalam citer ni la yang dok gatal call this number (or else tak wujud plak citer ni kan). Despite kengerian yang mendalam bila tengok kaedah kematian sekor2 mangsa, the movie is still enjoyable to watch.

I guess it depends on our preference and how far we can stand to watch violence. For me, as long as the storyline is interesting, quite logic and at the end of it, the movie do not leave me nauseous, give me headache or make me vomit at any sight of meat then it's fine.

Note:
Don't think this movie will make it here. Too gory. Too disgusting. Too sick. And just for info, Singapore bans it too.