Thursday, June 11, 2009

CSI : FAREWELL GRISSOM!


After watching few episodes of CSI without Grissom, I just realized yesterday that CSI has lost its 'kick' without him. I have been a long time fan of CSI, collecting the CDs & DVDs, even watched the repeat episodes. I watched all CSI series but I prefer the original (LV) than the franchise series (Miami & New York). But now CSI Vegas is not the same anymore. Sedih betul. Last season, Sara quit, shocking tapi masih boleh terima lagi. This season Warwick pulak mati. Another shock. Then Grissom left. Seriously, CSI is so dull without Grissom.

Unlike Cik Nanie, all these while I never watch CSI because of Grissom. Apart from the fun of guessing who's the killer, I enjoyed watching how they collect and process the evidence using those high-tech gadgets/equipment, eventhough sometimes I wonder whether the real CSI team really use or have these kind of gadgets. Tau je lah cerita kat TV, kadang-kadang auta je lebih. I'd say that I love watching CSI to see how the team solve the case. From the early process of evidence collection to the crime scene/death analysis to the interrogation process with the suspects until they finally figure out the killer(s) identity, the storyline is always presented in a unique way. Most of the time, Grissom has been the one who 'crack' the mystery.

After watching yesterday episode, I see the remaining old team members and the new one as bland. Dulu aku ingat Dr Ray Langston ni akan ganti Grissom as supervisor, memandangkan his seniority and expetise. Lagipun, it was Grissom who offered him to join CSI. If that's the case, I think it may be interesting to watch how the new supervisor from 'similar field yet different industry' run the night shift lab. Grissom Vs Langston. How nice. Tapi dia ni jadi Level 1 CSI - level paling bawah pulak. Disesuaikan dengan watak lower level officer & watak orang baru, Dr Langston ni always seem unsure. Muka nampak takut-takut memanjang. Mungkin producer nak viewers nampak macam mana character ni berkembang kot.

Maybe it's just me la kan, but I view the character of Catherine Willows who replaced Grissom, not outstanding enough as a Supervisor. Don't know la whether the producer wanted her character to be that way or she is still trapped and so used to her previous role as Assistant Supervisor yang selama ni diovershadow by Grissom. No wonder this new team macam membosankan! It's just like a team without actual leader. To me, Grissom is the soul of the team and the series too. The new team mates, Dr Ray Langston & Riley Adams can't beat what CSI was like with its original team members. Well, what to do..it's life - everything changes and nothing stays the same forever. Despite aIl this, I will still continue watching CSI and see whether the producers can create magic once again with this new team.

Sayonara Grissom! You will be deeply missed!