Sunday, October 21, 2007

THAT'S HOW I SPENT MY RAYA

Holiday's over.

People has come back to work and business resume back to normal.

My Hari Raya is not as merry as the previous ones. The first day of Hari Raya is a bit quiet as my bro is celebrating with his in laws family in KP. So pengajaran pada kengkawan sekalian, kalau kawin make sure beranak banyak-banyak, kalau tak..kesian kat anak korang nanti jadi macam aku keboringan sebab takde geng. Luckily this year Cik Nanie is spending her raya with my family, or else i'm sure i'll be bored to death.

However, we still prepare the hari raya dish. Makan tetap makan beb. Biar raya takde mood, bab makan wajib meriah.


Brownish/gold is our theme this year. Manage to take family photo of the four of us using my nearly-1 year-but never-been-used tripod. Haha..rasa ada studio gambar sendiri pulak.

Not much of activities during the first two days of Hari Raya. We didn't even visit any relatives' house since it's my bro's request to go beraya with them. So, my parents, ne and Cik Nanie just visited my late grandparents' grave in Mahmoodiah and after that lepaking at house watching TV Raya programs.

There's nobody came to beraya at our house as well, not even the kids. I'm not surprised, though. Everyone seem to be out of the town and might be somewhere in their kampung celebrating this once a year family gathering. Well, I kinda like it. What a way to spend the Hari Raya. It's holidays, good food, lotsa programs to watch and I have it all to myself.

Things started to be more lively the moment my bro, SIL & nephew arrived JB. We visited the relatives' house on the 3rd day of Eid. Masa ni la jugak my parents keep getting calls from friends/relatives who were asking whether we were at home or not. Apa, orang semua mula keluar beraya masa raya ketiga ke? As expected, the next day and the day afterwards was the busiest. I dont even have time to bath (hehe, pecah lubang) because people came non-stop. Sekali datang 2,3 kereta. Campur pulak dengan the kids from the nearby neighbourhood yang mula buat project mengepau tuan rumah.

My aunties, uncles and cousins who started to call me 'Nyonya Kedai Gambar' because i'm using tripod to take this photo.

But when Riz was hospitalized due to Rotavirus infection, all of us lost our raya mood. Kesian sangat tengok budak kecik macam tu diarrhea & muntah-muntah. Luckily he was discharged after 3 days there. On the bright side, we got to spend 1 week with them here in JB.

That's how I spent my raya. I'm sure yours is much more better than mine.