Friday, February 10, 2006

ME - THE OFFICE GUARDIAN

SONG THAT SUITED MY CURRENT MOOD:
I'm Not OK by My Chemical Romance

Still in the office at this hour alone. Even the Office Queen (Jen aka Miss Universe aka Miss Sexy aka Miss J-Lim) left the office earlier than me.

Need to finish 2005 progress report for the Board of Directors and the deadline is tomorrow! My boss was supposed to be the one who cracked his brain doing this - Not Me! I should be at home lepaking by the fish pond (my favorite spot to layan blues) enjoying the music on my CD player.

This week has been really tiring. Attending interviews, discussions, meetings, phonecalls, coordinating this and that, running to Cargo Building to ensure everything needed for the 5 days training and the external trainer were in place. Now that the company is hiring more people, I need to prescreen and select the applicant resumes to be shorlisted by the requesting departments. When your desk is flooded with tons of resumes everyday (not only from job applicants but also from tertiary institution students applying for industrial placement) going through another hundreds of online resumes is just enough to make you want to vomit.

Working in HR where most of the things are confidential especially when it involved employee salary, benefits, staffs performance, disciplinary record, benefit proposals, employment contract, etc i can't simply delegate my tasks to my subordinates. Because of this, for most of the things, I need to handle it from A to Z. I find it hard for myself to trust people, even staffs from my own department for fear that the info will leak before it was supposed to be known or when it should not be known by others at all. Of course there are things that I get the rest to assist me, other HR areas and function which focussed on our department services to the employees.

So, here I am..still working because the only time I can work peacefully is after the normal office hours. I think I better stop writing and continue doing my report. If not I might be fired by our fiery Mr. Trump!