Wednesday, September 7, 2005

THE TRANSPORTER 2


I was looking for crime detection / thriller kind of movies to watch during my offdays when this VCD cover caught my eyes. The synopsis was quite interesting so I decided to give it a try though i'm actually expecting a slow movie filled with boring conversations. (Just like Kill Bill 2 which didn't really meet my expectations despite its publicity and Quentin Tarantino's reputation).


But The Transporter 2 proved me wrong. It's a fast-paced movie packed with actions. Full of cool shooting, fighting, and car chase scenes (plus less talk), it keep me glued to my seat throughout the movie.


This film is about an ex-special agent turned freelance transporter, Frank Martin (acted by Jason Statham) who drove a cool hi-tech car to ensure he has the speed and resources to get his package delivered. This time his 'package' is a small boy where he is assigned to be the chauffeur cum bodyguard for one of the Government Agencies Diretor's son. When the boy was kidnapped and injected with a deadly virus, he needs to save the boy, find a cure for the virus and unfoiled a secret plot against the government.


The plot is simple yet interesting. However, if you are expecting a believable plot, this is not your cup of tea.Transporter 2 is not meant to be a realistic movie. Some of the shooting and fighting scenes reminds me of the stunts you'd find in Hindi / Tamil or Jackie Chan's movies (but cooler and with more style, of course). As much as I was complaining at the unrealistic action scenes, I found myself enjoying all the stunts despite its lack of reality. I'm not a fan of Jackie's or Tamil movies but for me although The Transporter 2 are unrealistic in several accounts, they certainly are incredibly entertaining. I was a bit disappointed with the ending part though, as it wasn't as sophisticated as the rest of the movie scenes. Apart from the few last scenes, you will enjoy this movie if you just want to have fun watching. With its own unique stylishness and humor, this is a definitely worth-watching movie.